Sunday, March 29, 2009

Treasures at the fabric store!

This afternoon, Mom and I went on a little trip to Joann's to pick up some materials for some projects.  The pink polka-dot and brown fabrics are going to be used to make a baby dress. The other patterned fabrics with the light blue lining is going to be used to make nursing covers for both my sisters who are soon to have their babies.  I had just found out about a great tutorial on one of my favorite blogs, "Happy to be called Mommy" when my mom said that one of my sisters really wanted one.  The blog led me to another site and you can look here if you're interested in making one or two yourself.  These would make great gifts at the next baby shower--and they are easy and affordable to make!



I also found a few things at the store today that will be used for three projects.  The felt will be used for a little something for the jr. church kids; the tiny wooden spools will be used to make a fun toy to give away (and keep a few on hand in our toy box for young visitors); and the tags will be used for a home project.  I will be posting on those as soon as I get them done...in the meantime, can you guess what I will be making?


4 comments:

Randy said...

Theo, just reading your blog and seeing that you had surgery. We will be praying for you as you recover! Also, tell your mom hi from the 3 of us!

Tania said...

Hi! I am glad you are feeling well enough to get out a little. All these ideas are motivating me to sew more. My recent project has been stick horses for the boys--all I have left are the sticks and I think that is going to be the trickiest part. I better get going as this baby is due in 4-6 weeks.(-: I have been wanting to make a nursing cover and after seeing that cute fabric I think I will have to. (-:

Theo-Ann said...

Hi Tania! I wasn't sure who you were at first, so it's good to see you. I tried looking up your blog, but couldn't get to it. To find the tutorial on making that nursing cover, you'll have to google it once you're on that site (blisstree.com). I tried doing a direct link, but it wouldn't work. I'm glad you found my blog--come back again and let's keep in touch!

Tania said...

Thanks! I took a break from my blog a while back and just never started back up. But I have been lurking on your blog for a while and just now commented. (-: