Thursday, April 1, 2010

Spring decorations for our children's ministry

This week, the other children's Sunday School teacher and I got together to change the wall decorations in the fellowship hall. With the new season, it was time to change things up a bit. We took everything off the walls, then began looking around for things we could use to decorate with. I brought over my bulletin board/visuals box that I saved from when I taught to use, too.

The first thing we put up were the visuals for this bulletin board. I cut out the letters and put them up today to finish it.

We combined visuals from two bulletin board sets to make this one. I chose the words, All things bright and beautiful...the Lord God made them all because they go to a song we'll be teaching the kids soon.

We found the cutest "children of the world" cut-outs for the attendance sheet wall. I put them up in the shape of a heart because the attendance sheets say, Jesus loves the little children of the world. Each week the kids get to put up a child sticker on their chart.

This "Fishers of Men" bulletin board set is really cute! We'll put the kids' names on the fish in the weeks ahead.

We found these pictures from an old calendar that feature animals and a Bible verse. We glued them onto construction paper. Both of us put a few in our Sunday School classrooms. We also put up one or two Bible verses that the kids are currently learning for the spring semester. 

When summer rolls around, we'll be changing things again. I hope these visuals encourage the children as they come each week to learn about the Lord.

No comments: