Friday, April 23, 2010

Eli's birthday treats

Even though Eli's birthday party was set for Sunday (the 18th), Raquel wanted to do a couple special things on his real birthday on the 15th. She asked if I could make pancakes using the Mickey Mouse waffler she had for a yummy breakfast.

I whipped up a batch of oatmeal pancakes for us to enjoy with him. My dad came over and had a couple himself. Then, he started playing with Eli.

As you saw in the video, Eli loves throwing things, so playing ball with his grandpa was a fun thing to do.

I just love this picture of the two of them. Isn't it just precious?

Raquel had a cake mix, along with some frosting and sprinkles. I made a small cake for Eli using a 4-inch ramekin. I put the rest of the batter in a 9x13-inch pan. After they were baked and cooled, I spread frosting and put the sprinkles on. It was Raquel's idea to use licorice to make the number 1. I think it turned out really cute.

After dinner, we lit the cake and sang "Happy Birthday" to little Eli. He dug into the cake and loved it! 

Next up....a fun craft with big sister Mia!:)

No comments: