Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Eli's birthday shirt

Several weeks ago, I asked my sister if Eli had something special to wear for his birthday celebration. She said she didn't have anything yet, so I told her I would love to come up with something he could wear.

Keeping with the theme of the Little People farm animals, I painted this...

I drew everything out with chalk first, then painted the bandana, horse and words with both acrylic permanent paints and fabric paint. 

The bandana couldn't just be shown on the front, so I continued the design on the back. It looks like it is "tied" with a knot! After letting it dry for at least 24 hours, I placed it in the dryer for a few minutes to heat set it. I also signed my name on the inside of the shirt so that Eli would know when he's older that his Auntie made it for him.

Before his party started, I got this photo of the two of us. He started out wearing the plaid shirt with it, but it got so hot that he just wore the t-shirt for most of the party time. Everyone loved the shirt on him. I was glad to see him wearing it, as I don't always get to see nieces and nephews enjoying the things I make for them since we live far away from them.

Isn't Eli just adorable? I love him to pieces!;)

No comments: