Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A conversation with Mia

I love talking with my five-year-old niece, Mia.  She is one bright and inquisitive girl. I had a fun talk with her yesterday on the phone, and I thought you all would enjoy a bit of our conversation.

Hi Mia.  How was school today?

Good.

Hey, did Mommy show you the pictures of the snow that I sent her in that e-mail?

Yes, but you know what?  It didn't look real to me.  It looked like pretend snow.

Well, it wasn't pretend, Mia.  It was the real thing.

But it's not winter anymore.  It's spring.  It can't snow in the spring!

Yes it can.

But how did it do it?

Well...it just happened.  God made it snow.

Oh.... Guess where I'm at.

Okay.  Are you in your bedroom?

No.

Are you in the play room?

How did you know?

Um...you told me to guess, so that's what I guessed.

Well, I've got to go. I love you. Bye!



I laughed after having that little talk with her.  She's so funny!  She wants to see snow so badly, so I've invited her to come to Colorado any time she wants.  Someday she'll see that the snow here is real and not pretend.

The picture below of her and Uncle Q is priceless.  I don't remember what they were talking about, but they were sure having a good time.

Sweet, isn't it?


No comments: