Sunday, March 22, 2009

Coconut granola bars


These granola bars are sooo good!  My friend, Ruth, made these for us when we joined her and her family on a vacation last summer. She made these for all of us to enjoy while we were on our way to Durango, Colorado.

I finally made them yesterday for a special treat for Q. They are healthy and so easy to make.  Enjoy!  I know you'll love them once you try them. :)

Coconut granola bars

3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2/3 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup honey 
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups old-fashioned oats
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup flaked coconut
1/2 cup sunflower kernels
1/3 cup wheat germ
2 teaspoons sesame seeds

In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, peanut butter, honey, butter and vanilla.  Combine the remaining ingredients;  add to the peanut butter mixture, and stir to coat.  Press into a greased 9 x 13" pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.  Cool on wire rack.  Cut into bars.  (I cut mine into 16 delicious bars.)

2 comments:

Erin said...

I think I have the exact recipe. They are amazing!!!!

A Conservative Christian said...

I'm not really a coconut fan, but those look pretty good ^_^