Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Spring cleaning: The closet and hallway

Today, I tackled the job of cleaning the closet and hallway.  The closet really needed some work, but after organizing it a bit, I think it looks so much better!



I tried uploading a picture of the before look for the closet, but for some reason it would not work.  So enjoy the after look all by itself.:) Here's a list of what was accomplished today:

1.  Clean and organize closet.
After taking everything out, I used a rag and soapy water to clean the walls and shelf.

2.  Wipe down walls and closet door.
I used a rag and soapy water to do the walls.  I used furniture polish for the wooden door.

3.  Wipe picture frames.

4.  Clean baseboards.

5.  Clean light fixture.

6.  Vacuum carpet, including edges and corners.
I used the hose attachment to get all those little crumbs that like to hide in the corners.



I thought you'd like to see what my hallway walls look like.  On one side, I have wedding pictures.  The frame on the left is a grouping of pictures that I've labeled, "first look." I used a tiny metal frame and ribbon from our wedding and placed it in the center of this frame and on the other one on the far right.  The one in the center is one of our favorites that was given to us by Q's brother who took most of our wedding pictures.  The frame on the right is a grouping of pictures that I've labeled, "first kiss." And yes, our first kiss was on our wedding day!  I will have to share our love story some time soon with all of you.

On the other side of the hallway, I've placed this eight-opening picture frame to display pictures of our eight nephews and nieces.  With three more on the way, I'm going to have to change the pictures on this soon.  The title, "The Family is one of God's Masterpieces" is a simple rub-on that I bought from a company called Uppercase Living.  It is semi-permanent in the fact that once it goes on, it stays secure--but once you decide to remove it, it will tear in pieces and cannot be used again.  The company offers lots of font designs, quotes and colors to fit any room in your house.

Well, I've already begun deep cleaning and organizing the next room in the house--the kitchen! I will post about that soon.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the writings on your wall! Excellent words and beautiful photos!