Monday, March 16, 2009

Spring cleaning: The Dining Room

I tackled the second room in our condo today.  It was definitely easier than cleaning and organizing the living room, but it still took me between one and two hours to completely finish. Here's a list of what was accomplished:

1.  Wipe down walls.
I used a bowl of soapy water and a rag to do this.

2.  Dust bookshelf.

3.  Organize books and look through to see which ones we don't want anymore.

4.  Clean and organize the two cupboards that are filled with china and serving dishes.  
The picture doesn't show these, but these are located to the left of the table.  There are a few shelves in each, and I had to take things out completely to clean it thoroughly.   Everything inside is even neater than it was before.

5.  Spot clean cloth-covered chairs.
I used a rag with soapy water to do this.

6.  Clean and vacuum heat register.

7.  Wipe down light fixture.

8.  Declutter red basket and other things on top of the china cupboard.
This red basket is where we keep pens, stamps, mints, and mail for my husband to look through.  Every now and then it gets really full and needs to be cleaned out.

9.  Thoroughly vacuum floor, including corners using the hose attachment on vacuum cleaner.

10.  Wipe down picture frames.
My collection of antique food prints are on the wall to the right of the table.

That's it for this room.  Next time...the hallway and closet!  I think it will be another easy one before we hit the rest of our little place.  Believe me, there's a lot more work to be done, especially in our spare bedroom (really not looking forward to that, but it has to be done!)

1 comment:

Erin said...

Wow! You are motivated! I have people coming over Sunday, so that will be my motivation to get some cleaning done.