Thursday, March 5, 2009

Hand-painted flower pots

Spring is almost officially here--can you believe it?  I'm still trying to fathom how it could be March, when it seems like we just celebrated New Year's.  Time sure does fly...

I wanted to show you some flower pots I painted for last year's parent appreciation banquet. This year's banquet is a little over a week away, so I'm in the thinking stages of how I'm going to be decorating the tables this year. 

These flower pots were used as centerpieces, but then given away to a few parents as appreciation gifts. I hand-painted a different design on each terra cotta pot, using fabric paints (yup, they do work on other things beside fabric:). When I was done, I gave them each a coat or two of spray varnish.  I found these beautiful purple and white violas at Home Depot and potted them on the day of the event.


Pot #1:  Flowers and stripes


Pot #2:  Little flowers and swirls


Pot #3:  Flowers and circles



Pot #4:  A Garden of flowers 

As you're thinking about your garden this year, perhaps these have given you an idea on how to embellish the pots you already have on hand.  I'm thinking we're probably going to do more potted flowers and herbs this year, since we have such a small area of dirt.  I'll be posting on that some time in the near future...

Happy gardening!

1 comment:

Erin said...

You are so talented. I can't even draw a stick person. I guess that's why God gave us all different talents.