Monday, February 8, 2010

The sound of music....

When we first moved into the parsonage, Q said, "Someday, I'd like a piano right there" as he pointed to a corner of the living room. That someday came very quickly, as we have welcomed this beauty into our home in recent days.

Our almost-100-year-old piano is such a blessing to us already. To make a long story short, someone called the church saying they had a piano to give away to the church. Since the church didn't need it, we asked if we could buy it for a certain amount. After we paid the movers, the church accepted a small amount for it.

Not only does it sound great, but we also love its classic look. I am thankful that I now have a real piano to practice my songs for church. It's also been wonderful to relax and play while I take a break from household chores. I can already picture friends and family joining us in song around our piano.

Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands. Serve the Lord with gladness: come before his presence with singing. Psalm 100:1-2

3 comments:

The Watts Family said...

That is so awesome! Wow are you guys blessed !!! `Enjoy the piano ~Blessings Love Heather

Abigail said...

That is a beautiful piano! I love the color! The Lord definitely proved in a wonderful way!

Theo-Ann said...

Thanks, you two. God is good to give us things in His perfect time.:)