Thursday, November 4, 2010

Turkey bulletin board

There's a new board in our children's Sunday School area at church. Using dollar store letters, I wrote out the phrase, "In everything give thanks."

I had everything else on hand from when I taught school. I just love my turkey! He is dressed like a pilgrim and is full of color.

I would ask my students what they were thankful for, then write that on a turkey feather. Since we only have two or three kids who come to Sunday School, I'm going to have them write what they're thankful for on leaves. There's plenty of room to put some on both sides of the board.

Most of the bulletin board set comes from the Carson-Dellosa company. I'm sure you can find it (or something like it) to use in your church or home school classroom. You might be able to make your own turkey or find bits and pieces at your local dollar store.

The possibilities are endless....

No comments: