Monday, November 8, 2010

The Refreshing Word of God


Today, I pulled out my binder full of poems that I wrote when I was a teen. I've been thinking for a while to share some of them with you. I wrote the following poem when I was thirteen years old. It encouraged me today, and I hope it encourages you, too.

"Cool, clear, water"

Oh, it's so refreshing to drink
A cool, clear glass of water;
The drink quenches your thirst
With a sparkling, clean savour.

The cool, clear water we normally see
Is health and good to all;
But the other cool, clear water
Is refreshing to the soul.

Daily we thirst,
And thirst for more;
The drink that we need daily
Is the precious Word of the Lord.

When was the last time you took a drink from God's precious book, the Bible? It gives strength, encouragement and guides us each day. Why don't you spend some time right now? You won't regret the time.

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

"For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." Hebrews 4:12

No comments: