Friday, February 26, 2010

Some time away with my Q

When Q told me yesterday that he'd like to do something fun today, I got really excited. It's been a busy and hard week, so we both needed some time to relax and get away for a few hours. After a restful morning, we headed to Boulder and did some shopping. For lunch, we went to the Cheesecake Factory. Their food is always sooo good!

My brother-in-law, Jesse, got me hooked on these sweet corn tamale cakes. I haven't had them in a long time, so they tasted really good today. Q and I shared this as well as the main meal. He chose beef ribs that were so tender and flavorful.

The rib meal also came with fries and onion rings. We had a coupon for a free slice of cheesecake, but since we got so full with the other food, we decided to take it home to eat it. We chose their lemon-raspberry cheesecake. It was an awesome sweet ending to our date today.

After lunch, we went to the town of Lyons, where the Madhava Honey Company is located. Inside the shop, was this beehive where you could see the honey being produced. It was really fascinating. We also bought some honey to enjoy at home. 

Our last stop was in the little town of Nederland. We had fun going to some of the shops and enjoying some hot chocolate afterward.

I'm so thankful for my Q and the times we get to do this. I enjoy every moment we get to spend together. 

I love you, Q! Thanks for giving me another memorable day with you.

1 comment:

Erin said...

So glad you had some time with your honey.