Monday, February 15, 2010

Simple gifts for the ones I love

Q and I had a great Valentine's Day yesterday. Most of our time was spent at church, so it was good to be together with our church family. In the morning service, Q and I sang a duet. We've only done this a couple times before and each time it's turned out well. For lunch, we joined some folks from church at Pinocchio's, a local Italian restaurant.

But before Q left to go study before church, I left him a card inside one of his dresser drawers. I hand-painted this card for my beloved:

Q loves to go fishing, so this card was perfect for him. Inside the card, he found...

...this sweet sentiment and some fishing lures he can use the next time he goes to the lake.

I also got a little something together for the kids at church. 

I stamped envelopes with a conversation heart stamp using two colors. I wrote "Happy Valentine's Day!" and a verse on the front. Then, I filled each one with a handful of candy hearts. Simple and sweet.

Even though Valentine's Day is over, Q has something for me in a couple weeks. He's taking me to see the musical, Mary Poppins, in Denver. It's where we had our first date and where we were engaged. I can't wait! I hope to have something else for my Q and make the date extra special...it will probably be homemade, too!:)

How was your Valentine's Day? I'm always reminded on this day about the love of God--it is perfect and constant. We have an awesome God who loves us unconditionally. We are so blessed.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Oooo. Mary Poppins sounds like a lot of fun!

Theo-Ann said...

I'm sure it will be--I'll let you know how it goes.:)