Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Q's installation service, part 2

As mentioned previously, it was great to see some of our friends from our last church. It was neat to hear that they've been praying for us during this transition time. 

Anita is such a sweet lady. Her husband, Randy, has been a huge help to us with the plumbing in our church and home. They don't live too far away, either. When it's hard to go to Front Range because of a snowy day, they like to visit First Baptist.

Anita's daughter, Rachel, encourages me with her desire to do right in God's eyes. Her brother, Zach, couldn't make it, but he sent me an e-mail giving his congratulations to Quentin. He took over one of my ministries at Front Range--scheduling the special music. It's a big job, but I heard he's doing well with it.

I'm glad we were able to take this picture with the Redlin's. Before the church service, they came over for a quick dinner and tour of our home. They are such a blessing to us.

When I look at this picture, I'm reminded of the many years that these two have known each other. They have ministered together in so many areas. What an honor it was for him to be a big part of this special day.

I wish I would have had time to take more pictures of all the others that drove out to be a part of this, but I was too busy talking and hugging everyone.;) We will always remember who came and what they said that was such an encouragement to us.

Thank you, members of First Baptist Church for loving us and welcoming Q as your new pastor. And a special thanks goes to the folks at Front Range Baptist for coming out and supporting us. We are excited for what God has in store in this new ministry.

1 comment:

Leah Christine Imagery said...

Aw, so fun to see familiar faces! Makes me miss everyone back at home in CO... :-)