Friday, January 2, 2009

Isaiah's apron

Here is the first picture in my Christmas gift "showcase" for all the nephews and nieces.  This apron for nephew, Isaiah, was the first thing I completed.  I used two dish towels to create this one-of-a-kind gift.  I loved the cartoon chef on the white towel, so I kept it for the bottom part of the apron.  I used the burgandy towel to create the pockets and straps.  I used an embroidery stitch on the pockets as well as on the neck straps.  I hand-painted his name with black paint. The pockets are roomy enough for all the cooking tools I included with the apron.  I used my apron as a guide in making this, so I actually don't have any measurements for this.  This was a lot of fun to make and hope to do more like this in the future.  You can find lots of fun kitchen towels to make an apron for girls, or even a small one for an adult.

No comments: