A couple in our church moved into a new home after months of praying and searching. We rejoiced with them as God answered their prayers.
I thought it would be a neat idea to give them a housewarming gift. Yesterday afternoon, Q and I went to their place to give them this cookie-scented candle.
It smells just like oatmeal raisin cookies--yum! I wrote welcome home on a tag and punched a hole in it. In my scrap booking supply I found some keys I had saved to use for something, and this was the perfect way to use one of them. I put ribbon through the tag and key and tied a bow in the front.
Here's a list of housewarming gift ideas that you can use with people in your life. They would work for new neighbors, friends, and family. Some can be store-bought and others can be home made. The possibilities are endless.
1. bouquet of flowers or house plant
2. fresh loaf of bread or other baked goodies (attach the recipe)
3. a mug with hot cocoa mix, coffee mix or candy
4. handmade coasters or pot holders
5. printed Scripture in a frame
6. candy dish (fill it with candy, too:)
7. kitchen towels and wooden spoon tied with a ribbon
8. guest book
9. picture frame or other small decorative item
10. scented candle
Can you add any ideas to this list? I would love to hear your ideas!:)