Sunday, January 17, 2010

Hand-painted thank you card

As part of the celebration for the Kemper's, everyone was encouraged to write a note of thanks and bring it to the event. A basket was set out so that people could place their card inside. Since I've been enjoying watercolor painting with Kyla, I thought it would be fun to paint on a card.

When I first started painting, I decided I would just paint the two main flowers. As I kept going, I added the two bumblebees and butterfly. The word "thanks" is spelled out behind one of the bees. I used watercolor pencils, so painting the dots and details on the bugs were easy to do. I had fun painting this card. It was so relaxing, too.

Inside, Q wrote a message from the both of us expressing our thanks. We also placed a money gift for them to enjoy as they officially begin their retirement. 

What's been your latest art project? I'd love to hear what you've been up to.:)

No comments: