Wednesday, March 24, 2010

How to keep your towels in place

Several years ago, I bought two bathroom hooks that I never used until now. They are so neat, as they look like old-fashioned hot and cold faucets. We installed them in our bathroom recently and they look great in there.

Because of their small size, I didn't know if they could hold up a bath robe, so we placed them by the sink to hold up a hand towel and a wash cloth.

After a couple days of using them, I came across a problem. The hooks are small, so the towels kept falling off. 

The solution? Sew on ribbon loops to the corners of the washcloths and to the center of each hand towel and you're problem is fixed! I cut out three-inch long ribbon pieces then stitched them on to several towels. It was quick and easy.

Now, the towels stay neatly in place. In fact, I don't even have to remove the wash cloth to dry my face because the ribbon loop keeps it on the hook while I use it. 

Do you have a tip to share that solves a little problem around the house? I would love to hear about it.:)

2 comments:

Leah Christine Imagery said...

Ah, I love them! They are so cute!

Theo-Ann said...

Thanks, Leah.:)