Sunday, March 7, 2010

The day finally came...

...for us to go see Mary Poppins! This was my Valentine's Day gift, but Friday was the earliest date we could go see the show. I've been so excited these past few weeks! Right as we left, Q gave me this gorgeous plant:

It's called a cyclamen. The blooms are so unique and bright, and I love them. Q also handed me a card, but he said it was for me to open up later. We set out for a place to eat dinner. We pulled up in front of Cinzetti's, but we were a half hour early. So, we spent some time at a nearby Border's store until the restaurant opened.

We took this picture as we waited to be seated. We were so hungry and couldn't wait to dig into their many delicious choices. Their top-of-the-line buffet filled us up, but we still managed to have room for dessert!

One thing we both tried was this berry tartlet. It was sweet and delicious! When we were done eating, we got back in the car and headed down to the Denver Center for the Performing Arts. We had a bit of difficulty finding parking, but we made it to the show a few minutes before it began.

I saw some clips of the show some time ago, never thinking I'd actually get to go to it live, so I was thrilled to actually be there with Q. The story line is based both on the book by P.L. Travers and the Disney movie. There are familiar songs, as well as some new ones. My favorite was Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, because each letter was given a hand gesture, so the entire cast did this together as they sang. It was really impressive! Q liked Step in Time which included Bert and the Chimney Sweeps. Bert was played by Gavin Lee, a long-time cast member who has played the role both in New York and London. During the song, he climbed up the sides and top of the stage (upside down with cables tied to him, of course). It was very cool!

After the show, I asked Q if I could have the card. He said to wait, but we were going to be heading home in a few minutes. He had other plans which I didn't know about. After we walked out of the theater, we came across some steps that looked very familiar. He had me sit down on them, although it was a bit chilly. He pulled out the card and had me open it. You see, this was where he proposed to me almost five years ago. I read the card and it brought a few tears to my eyes. It was very sweet and so special.

Thank-you, Q, for a fun night with you! I love you.:)

3 comments:

The Watts Family said...

awwwww that is so sweet!! How wonderful!! Sounds like a very fun night. My husband and I celebrate 15 years this month on the 25th I am praying he will be in town his work has him traveling non stop right now. Thanks for sharing ~Love Heather

Theo-Ann said...

Thanks, Heather. Hope you and your husband will be able to be together for your anniversary.:)

Marci said...

Praise the Lord! Oh, I'm so excited for you! How wonderful--and romantic! It will be a time that you never forget. Praying for you both. Psalm 34:1