Friday, July 23, 2010

My Museum: the crafting station

Our last stop at My Museum was at the crafting station. There, you could work with lots of recycled materials to make one-of-a-kind creations!

All the tools like scissors, markers, and glue were provided. Then there were bins full of things like egg cartons, paper, plastic pieces, yarn, fabric and feathers for you to use. You could make as many things as you wanted, too.

Here are a few things that we made....

Gabriel's soldier was made out of cork pieces, an egg carton section, cardboard, netting, googly eyes, and a feather. Doesn't he look great?

I think Annalina's spider is adorable! Look at all that pink....from the pink googly eye to the pipe cleaners!

Ross made his soldier with Mommy's help. Along with an egg carton section, he also used plastic pieces, cardboard, googly eyes and tissue paper.

Abigail made this owl decoration using pom pom balls, black plastic circles, fabric and feathers. He looks pretty awesome!:)

Q and I also got into the action and I'll show you pictures of those projects soon.

Have you recently made a project making things from around the house? I think it would be great to keep a box of things to have on hand when any member of the family wants to get creative. Perhaps some of you already do this, and if so, can you share how you keep it all organized and what you keep in your craft supply? I'd love to hear your ideas!

3 comments:

Heather said...

They are wonderful...looks like so much fun ~ Great pictures ~Blessings Heather ;)

Theo-Ann said...

Thanks...and yes, it was a ton of fun!:)

Abigail said...

That really was a BLAST!!! I took Quentin's idea he gave me and put my owl up on the wall with a quote bubble by it and another bubble with a Bible verse ("Wise Owl")!! I'm glad Quentin gave me the idea!