Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Hollywood Walk of Fame

The Hollywood Walk of Fame is a popular spot, so we decided to walk up and down the street, looking at all the hand/feet prints and stars.

I enjoy older, classic movies, so it was fun to see some names from long ago. 

Judy Garland is one of my favorites. Her hands and feet were so tiny!

We pointed out Christopher Reeve's star to Jaden because he loves super hero things. He quickly put out his arms like he was Superman flying through the sky.

Quentin found Billy Graham's star and decided to do the hand gestures he would do while preaching.

Since my dad's name is Jose', he got a kick out of Jose' Jose's star. Too funny!

There were a few Johnson's along the way, so we posed to take a shot with our name.:)

During our walk, we talked about what criteria these people had to meet so that they could receive a star. I have no idea how names are nominated, then chosen to receive this honor.

It made me think of how people think they can get to Heaven. They have a list--or "criteria"--on how they can do this. Some believe that by doing good things or going to church that they will get to be with Jesus after they die. But, the Bible doesn't say that. We must simply put our trust in Christ to receive His gift of eternal life. 

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God; not of works, lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Romans 10:13

We also know that if we have received His gift, then our names have been written in the Lamb's Book of Life. I know that my name is there, and hope yours is as well. I will never have my own star in the Hollywood Walk of Fame, but my name is written in Heaven--a much better place!

1 comment:

Abigail said...

How fun to see the stars! I like the picture of Quentin next to Billy Grahams star!