Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A sweet smelling savour

These past several days have been filled with wonderful fragrant smells. I bought a couple candles because I wanted to add some warmth to our new home. Isn't it always great to walk into a home with beautiful aromas? It makes us all feel welcome and simply--at home.

This cinnamon twist candle is delightful. It will last all winter long. My favorite though is the apple caramel scent. It's perfect for this fall season. It really wakes me up with it's sweet smell! I love the look of it as it is inside of a canning jar.

The topic of aromas has made me think of how the Bible talks about being a "sweet smelling savour." 

"For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish." II Corinthians 2:15

"And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet smelling savour." Ephesians 5:2

This week I've wondered if I'm being a "sweet aroma" to those around me. Sometimes I can get irritated at things and show it with my poor attitude and words. Just like we can strive for being lights in this world, we can strive to be pleasant aromas to those around us, so that they may see Christ in us. Jesus gave His life for us and was a sweet smelling savour to His Father. Isn't that awesome?

What are some things of the season that have reminded you of Scripture lately?

1 comment:

Erin said...

Great reminder. I love it when God gives us our own little object lessons. He's so faithful!