Friday, November 27, 2009

Our Thanksgiving

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day with family and friends. Our day started off with a special service at church in the morning. It was an hour filled with singing, preaching and special music. Quentin preached a short message and we both got the opportunity to sing.

At around noon, we headed over to Ann's house to eat a delicious turkey meal. Her grand daughter, Memory, is the church secretary at the church in Fort Collins where Q was the youth pastor. 

After the last minute preparations were done, Q cut the turkey. Ann cooked the turkey breast in a crockpot and it came out delicious!

Not only did we have good fellowship with Ann and Memory, but we enjoyed their dogs, Lucy and Tahoe as well. Aren't they cute?

Memory put together this delicious bowl of sweet potato chunks. They were seasoned, then baked in the oven. I think I need to add sweet potatoes to our regular diet because they are so good for our bodies! Memory also made a yummy green bean casserole with onion potato chips as a topping. We also had the usual mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy and cranberry sauce to go with our turkey.

I made two pies for our feast: Classic Pumpkin Pie and Chocolate Chunk Pecan Pie (both from Taste of Home, of course!:). I will share these recipes soon.

For a special hostess gift for Ann, I made another set of my fall coasters, this time using orange and brown felt. I put them together with a copy of Giving Thanks at Mealtime and tied them up with a colorful piece of ribbon. I was glad to make these again, as the first time was for my give away. She really liked them a lot. I'm glad we were able to go somewhere for Thanksgiving this year. Q had to work from 3-10 last night. I stayed with Ann and Memory for a while after he left. We are thankful for such sweet friends.

How was your Thanksgiving celebration? I would love to hear your stories.:)

2 comments:

Tania said...

Sounds like you had a nice Thanksgiving!
Last minute we were able to have Aaron and Jen Lanting and their family come stay with us for Thanksgiving. It was so fun! We had lots of food of course and tons of energy between the 7 kids. (-:

Theo-Ann said...

glad you had a great time, too.:)