Sunday, November 8, 2009

The long-awaited date, part 2

After our treats at Ziggi's Coffee Shop in Longmont, we decided to walk around a bit more before heading down to Johnstown for the final event of our date. I took this photo of Q at the coffee shop. Isn't he handsome?

A few months ago, I baby sat for a friend in Fort Collins. She gave me a gift certificate to the Candlelight Dinner Playhouse for doing this favor for her. Q and I had never been to this place before, so we were really excited about it. I love musical theater and it had been a long time since I've been to a show. When we first arrived, we were seated at a cozy table. Then, we ordered our meal and ate as we listened to soft classical music in the background. The food was awesome! Q had prime rib and I had chicken cordon bleu. 

After the meal, the show began. We watched Phantom, The Musical Sensation by Maury Yeston (book by Arthur Kopit). It was well-done, but so different than Broadway's version. I saw that one on my senior trip in high school in New York City. Out of all the plays, musicals and operas I have seen, it is still my favorite. We did enjoy this one, too. Between the two acts, dessert was served if you wanted it. We passed up on it and had a cinnamon roll from Johnson's Corner on the way home. 

I was so glad we got to do this! We had a great time together, laughing, talking and enjoying some great music. I've already hinted to Q about possibly taking me to another one, perhaps on our anniversary or my birthday (both in May). They are showing My Fair Lady then, too--should be good! 

Another highlight I will add is that we saw some friends from Fort Collins. It was good to see them and catch up on things in their lives. I've been missing everyone there lately, so I'm glad God allowed me to see some of our dear friends from FRBC.

How have you been enjoying some family and/or "couple" time? It's good to get away (even if not too far), with those you love.

5 comments:

Happy Hermit (happilyhiddenhermit@gmail.com) said...

I really , honestly believe that dates are essential to a healthy relationship.

The Watts Family said...

That is wonderful....just moving to California we do not know anyone yet and family is thousands of miles away so we are not able to have dates out by ourselves right now. But sometimes we have the kids go to bed a little early and they can read in their rooms so my husband and I can share a movie or have tea and talk. What a blessing to have a wonderful evening out and see old friend. ~Blessings Heather

Erin said...

It sounds like you guys had a great time. I'm so glad you were able to get away.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful time for you both! I'm so glad for you--it sounded wonderful! I miss you both but am thrilled to know you are in the center of where God wants you to be.
Love to you, Mrs. C.

Theo-Ann said...

Thanks for the sweet, encouraging comments.:)