Friday, July 10, 2009

A simple anniversary card

My in-laws celebrated their anniversary this week, so I made them this card. Picture cards are a simple and meaningful way to show someone you care.

I took this picture of one of our first yellow roses this summer then printed it off. I cropped it and glued it onto black paper that I had cut using decorative edge scissors. I wrote "happy anniversary" with my calligraphy pen. It was so easy! My father-in-law enjoys plant life, so I thought he would like this picture. 

Inside the card, I wrote this:

I wish there could have been a way for me to make it smell like a rose or even put petals inside the card. Unfortunately, I don't have any rose-scented perfume or lotion and I'm still waiting for my new rose buds to open up. Maybe next time...

I sign each and every card I make with my initials and the year. Some fellow scrap booking friends stamp a small image and place their initials inside of it. It's a fun way to leave your mark on your creations.

No comments: