Friday, June 26, 2009

Peanut Butter Playdough

I took care of 2-year-old Elizabeth for two days this week in my home. We did lots of fun activities--including play dough!

She helped me make these ducks and I made the water waves beneath them.

I showed her how to flatten the dough and how to use the animal cookie cutters. She loved it! After a while, I saw her put a piece of it in her mouth and I told her that was not good. So, I decided to make peanut butter play dough for some extra fun. Not only does it work well with little hands, but it's edible, too.

After she watched me make the dough, we put it on the table and had a blast with it! Here's the recipe for you to try. I used the Wal-mart brand of  powdered milk. It is not as fine in texture like other brands. Although it turned out well, another brand of milk will mix in better.

Peanut Butter Play dough (from COOKS.COM)

1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup powdered milk
3 tablespoons honey

Mix all ingredients together. Form play dough into shapes. After you play with it, eat it! You can store left overs in a ziplock bag. There is no need for refrigeration.

After I told her she could eat some, she kept nibbling at it as we played. I had some, too, and it tastes like peanut butter cookie dough. Yum! (Oh--and it's better for you since it has honey in it and doesn't have any raw eggs!) 

Have fun playing with the kids in your life!:)

No comments: