Friday, February 11, 2011

Saying "good-bye" is so hard....

Last Friday, Q and I got the news that Big Brother and Little Brother were going to be reunified with their mom. We had just a few days left to spend with them as they were going to be leaving on Monday. It was such a hard day, but the Lord helped us get through the transition. After giving their mom their things, we hugged and kissed the boys good-bye. We drove away with huge tears in our eyes.

Now, a few days later, there is such an emptiness in our hearts and I still cry off and on. We grew to love them as our own and so quickly, were taken away. But, we know that God had a plan in having them with us. It was not a mistake. We are thankful for the time we had with them, and hope and pray that they are now in a home that is safe and full of love.

Pray for us as our hearts heal and as we look ahead to the future. We don't know if we'll ever see these little guys again (that would be awesome, but right now they need to bond with their mom again) or that they'll come back (if that happened, it would mean more turmoil at home, so we just have to pray for safety and God's best in their lives). So, we pray that God will send us the children we can keep forever. He already has them picked out; we just have to keep waiting.

As we pray and wait, memories of the boys still come to my mind. I look at pictures multiple times a day. I'm trying to fill my time again like before they came, and it's been difficult. I loved being a mom--and these boys made me one! I pray that God encourages my heart daily and that one day I'll be a mom forever.

Here's a picture I had to share with you of Q and Big Brother. We went to a stock show last month and it was so much fun!

I'll leave you with some Scripture that is such an encouragement to my heart:

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:11-13

Please pray for us as we continue to wait on the Lord for the children He has for us. Also pray that the Lord will give us peace and comfort as we deal with losing these little guys. We miss them so much...

5 comments:

Marci said...

You are right--God does know what is best, but the emotions are so difficult sometimes. Am still praying for you both--& the brothers.

"I will bless the LORD at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth." Psalm 34:1 The 'I will' reminds me that it's a choice I can make. I know it's your choice.

Love to you both,
m.

Abigail said...

I am in prayer for you guys. We love you and are excited about what God holds for you in the future. I am so glad you guys got to get away this weekend. I hope you had a nice break and time away together!

Tania said...

Oh Theo my heart goes out to you. I can only imagine how hard that would be. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Mary Ann said...

I'm praying for you! This thing you have decided to do will require so much courage. Take heart - God knows how to strengthen you!

Leah Christine Imagery said...

Reading your post and seeing the picture made me get a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye. :'(

Continuing to pray for you... (big hug)