Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Our Valentine's Day

Our Valentine's Day began with a special breakfast at The Egg and I. Several church folk came and enjoyed the fellowship and food. Q invited another area pastor to give a devotional. Many commented on how nice everything was and how they'd like to do something like that again.

After we left the restaurant, Q said we could make a stop at the jewelry store. I just knew what we were going to get, as it was something I had asked him about when we had the boys. I wanted a charm for my Pandora bracelet that represented the boys, whether they stayed or left. As you all know, they've been gone for over a week now, and we still miss them a lot, but I now have a pretty charm that reminds me of them...

The blue is a perfect boy color and the hearts represent how much we loved those boys. They will always be in our hearts. After our short time at the mall, we went back home. Q had to leave for work, and I had to get busy making a special treat for him!

I found a recipe for homemade oreos and knew that Valentine's Day would be the perfect day to make these delectable treats (the recipe will be coming soon, I promise!) I placed them on a big red plate with some chocolate hearts and when Q got home from work, he saw the surprise. When I came home from chorale practice, he had a few little things for me, too....

The heart bracelet, stamper, and ring were from a grab bag of stuff from work. It was really cute to get these fun things, and wouldn't you say the ring looks pretty good on my finger?;)

What a fun day! It was a great day with friends and family. I feel very blessed indeed.

1 comment:

Abigail said...

The charm really was a perfect pick! What a neat way to keep memories.