Sunday, February 27, 2011

The after dinner mint

I've been meaning to share with you a fun thing I like to do when we have company over for a meal. I like to place a piece of candy inside the napkin ring for our guests to enjoy after they've finished eating. At Christmas time, I like to place a candy cane inside, and some times I actually do place a real mint inside, like this:

But usually, it's this--can you guess what candy it is?

If you guessed Tootsie Roll, you're right! I still call it our "after dinner mint" and I usually get a few chuckles when I tell our guests that.

You can use any kind of small wrapped candy, and I guarantee your friends and family will enjoy this sweet way to end a meal. Have fun being creative with this the next time folks are over your place for dinner. ;)

No comments: