Monday, May 17, 2010

My Birthday Week, part 1

Okay...so are you ready to hear about what I did on each of the days during my birthday week? I'll share the first three days in this post.

It encouraged my heart to receive a bunch of cards, mostly from the folks at church. They were all really sweet....

Day 1: I don't have a picture of this one, because we ended up leaving early and nothing was caught...but I went fishing with Q! It is something I rarely do, so I went for it. We fished at the end of the dock. It was really windy and the dock kept rocking. I felt like I was on a boat. Some of you may not know this, but I get dizzy (and sometimes nauseated) doing things like this! I used to be able to swing on the swings at the park, but not anymore. The whole world spins before my eyes. Anyway, we only stayed an hour at Waneka Lake and we didn't catch a thing. I promised Q that I'd go with him again. I know it made his day for me to join in on something he likes doing. 

Day 2: I decided I'd like to check out a new store, preferably a thrift store. Q joined me on this one, too. We went to a couple stores in Longmont. The first one was Ares Thrift Shop. We didn't find anything there to purchase, so we went to Hope's Thrift Store. There I found this cute skirt....

It's an Old Navy brand and I love it. They had a great deal that day: buy one item for three dollars and get a second one for just a buck! So, I also bought a cute blouse (not pictured).

I also bought this vintage pattern for a quarter. It was too cute to pass up!

Day 3: I chose to make a new recipe--almond-raspberry meringue bars. They were divine! I brought a bunch over to church for prayer meeting. Everyone really liked them. 

Coming up next...the recipe to those delicious bars and the last three days of my birthday week. Stay tuned!;)

No comments: