It's been a crazy week, but God's enabled me to make all that was needed for this Wednesday night's program. In total, I stitched up 3 headpieces, 2 overcoats and 5 undercoats (tunics). It was quite the experience, but I was glad I could do this despite my beginner sewer abilities. I was able to see the costumes on the kids tonight at the rehearsal, but also can't wait to see the actual program itself. It's neat to be a part of something that will touch the hearts and lives of all who attend that night.
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Simple Christmas story character costumes
I have been busy working on making Christmas gifts for family. (I'll show those pictures after the new year, so that they remain a surprise!) In the midst of all of that, I was asked to make a few costumes for the upcoming Sunday School Christmas program. I've never done anything like this before, but I was supplied with a sample, picture and measurements to go by. This picture shows one of the outfits I made--an overcoat with an undercoat (tunic). Instead of making separate sleeves, all I did was cut out two pieces and stitch them together. In the back, a notch was made to make it easier for the child to slip his head through. I hemmed the neckline, sleeves, and bottom of each tunic.