Sunday, September 5, 2010

Pinocchio's-inspired table setting

Not long after we first moved to our town last year, we began visiting a local restaurant called Pinocchio's Italian Eatery. We were impressed with the great service, delicious food and--their plates!

I loved how everyone got their own unique plate. They all had beautiful colors and designs on them. I thought to myself, "Why can't I do that when we have guests over at our place?" So, for the last few months, I've been on the hunt for unique table ware. Right now I have eight gorgeous plates that I found at a few thrift stores. I've paid between twenty-five cents to a dollar for each, too. Better than the savings is that our guests have enjoyed this kind of hospitality.

Here are a few of my favorite plates so far...

The one on the left is my most recent find, while the one on the right was my first (for only a quarter!) I actually have two of this awesome orange toile print.

This windmill plate is the only one that doesn't have a flower motif of some kind. It's the right one for the gentlemen who come over.

The dainty white and pink floral plate sits next to one of my top favorites--colorful flowers outlined in a deep brown to really bring out the design. Love it!

When you're done setting the table, you've got a beautiful arrangement of these plates. Even though they're not a matching set, they all go together wonderfully.

Did I spark an idea for entertaining this fall? Enjoy...

2 comments:

Heather said...

Thats a great idea I love mix and match plus it is so fun looking for these treasures at the thrift store~ Enjoy your new plates ~Heather

Tania said...

Ohh love it! What a great idea!