Wednesday, September 15, 2010

More felt hairbows...

Q and I were invited to attend our friends' daughter's birthday party, but we were not able to make it. Having recently made some cute felt hair bows, I decided to come up with a couple new patterns and send a few to her.

First up: stitched hair bows....

I picked two of these out to include in her birthday package. I used three strands of embroidery floss to stitch around the inside edge of each small bow. Then, I made two of the bigger shape and glued those together. The smaller bow was put on with the narrow felt strip and glued together.

This is my favorite one of the bunch! Each stitched hair bow was approximately six inches in length. These will look so cute on top of a pony tail.

I used these long clips for each one. I used both hot glue and E-6000 glue to put them all together.

Then, I came up with a pattern to make a couple of smaller hair bows to look like my favorite flower...

Using sparkly white felt, I cut out three daisies for each barrette (the two on top were a bit smaller than the bottom one). I held them all together by stitching through the center of each flower. I used the same kind of clips I used for my first set of felt hair bows.

I wrapped up my hand made gift in this original Strawberry Shortcake wrapping paper I found at the thrift store for a quarter. The outside of the package said it was scented, and sure enough it still smelled like strawberries after about twenty years!

Enjoy these new ideas for making some beautiful hair pretties for the little girls in your life.:)

2 comments:

Heather said...

Those are so cute!! I just love seeing what you are crafting my daughter would love those I have to make some for her for sure!! Thanks for sharing ;D

Theo-Ann said...

You're most welcome, Heather. Have fun putting these together.:)