Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Peanut Butter Shake

I love making this delicious peanut butter shake after a good work out. Sometimes I'll enjoy eating another healthy snack like a handful of almonds, raisins or a cheese stick. But--this shake is my favorite treat of all as it gives me lots of protein and is sweet, too. It also makes a great meal substitute.

I found the original recipe on Allrecipes.com and changed it a bit to suit my tastes. Feel free to add in some strawberries for a PB & J shake or a swirl of chocolate syrup for some extra sweetness. Enjoy!

Peanut Butter Shake

1 banana (cut into chunks and frozen ahead of time)
1/8 cup low-fat peanut butter
1/2 cup non-fat milk (or soy milk)
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3-5 icecubes

Place all ingredients into a blender and mix thoroughly. Serves 1.

No comments: