Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Fabric Ring

Have you ever been to a store and saw something that you thought, "Oh, I wish I knew if it would match my _________." Well, I have done that many times, mostly with craft projects I'm working on. I don't always remember to bring a sample piece of fabric with me. Sometimes, I'll even stop by the thrift store on a whim and discover that something there might go with something at home...but I'm not exactly sure. You know what I mean, right?

Well, I came up with something that might save us all from headaches when searching for that matching something. This is my new fabric ring:

These tiny pieces of fabric are currently part of a project I'm working on. I was looking for some matching tulle and metallic trim and I thought to bring these along. All I did was cut a small slit in each one and put it on a ring. It is still in my purse, as I search for the right coordinating items. Hey--I could also make it part of my key ring if it's not too bulky!

As I work on other sewing projects, I can keep adding to the ring. I can also use it for attaching pictures of that blouse that needs a coordinating scarf, or that skirt that needs a new trim added. Whatever you need it for, this handy ring will save you some time and perhaps money from making terrible purchases.

Do any of you do something like this...or variations of it? I'd love to hear about it! Happy sewing!:)

2 comments:

Heather said...

Oh Theo Ann that is such a great idea!! Thanks for posting this!! ~Love Heather

Theo-Ann said...

I'm so glad this is a help to you. Happy crafting!:)