Thursday, September 23, 2010

God provides some free meat!

A couple of days ago, our friend, Tony, called Q and asked him if he would like to have some deer meat. So after lunch, Q was on his way to another town to get it.

The way Tony got the deer was unusual...he was driving down a road when the car in front of him hit the deer head on. The guy drove off and Tony pulled over to check it out. He touched the deer and he stood straight up. Then, he took out his knife and slit his throat. He was able to find a park ranger to ask if he could have it. Tony is an avid hunter, but who would have thought that he would come home with a deer this way? He worked as fast as he could with the time that he had to prepare the meat, but he couldn't finish it.

My awesome husband worked for a few hours cutting the meat so that we could freeze it. He had never done this before but had watched videos on how to do it. I think he did a great job!

While he worked, I went to my sewing room and worked on a project. Every now and then I came out to see how he was doing. The smell of the blood and meat was strong for me so I lit a candle!

This cooler was full of meat--praise the Lord!

Q pulled out the meat grinder that he had found at a thrift store a while back. Now, we have some burger meat.:)

This is just a portion of the bags Q filled with roast, steak and burger meat. We are so thankful that God has provided this for us. Our guests will also be blessed by enjoying this food.

How has God provided for you recently? I would love to hear about it.

2 comments:

Tania said...

That is great! and you are great to let him do it in the house! I always get out of it, because my husband always hunts in Nebraska and they process it there too!
We get deer meat every year and I usually get a little tired of the strong taste. So we have had to get creative. Marinading, putting it in stews and making jerky out of it is some of our favorites! (-:

Abigail said...

Wow! That would be a blessing! How many pounds do you think you got?