Monday, September 20, 2010

For the cutest little chef

Our nephew, Ross, just turned 4 this past Sunday. I knew for a while what I was going to give him; I just had to go get the supplies and put it together. When he and his family were here visiting us in early August, I found Ross a whisk at an antique store. The next morning, he helped me make scrambled eggs for breakfast. We had done some cooking together before, and he's really good! His mom signed him up for a cooking class that begins in October, so I knew he had to have something to wear...

Using a dish towel, I made this apron for him. After I cut off the top corners, I finished the edges with bias tape. The jean fabric was recycled from an old jean dress!

For an adjustable neck strap, I stitched a button on to the back side of one of the corners. I made three button holes on the strap. It was very easy to do.;)

This happy little chef loves his apron and I'm so glad. He told me on the phone that he likes the wooden spoon, too. I also gave him a dish cloth and a set of kid recipe cards. Isn't he just adorable?

I typed out my favorite ones and printed them on card stock. I added stickers, then laminated them with clear contact paper. I put them together with a ring. Now, Ross has some recipes he can do with his Mom in the kitchen.

I can't wait to hear how he does with his cooking class. He will be an awesome chef in no time!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Oh how wonderful I love it!! you did such a great job and the picture of your nephew is so cute~ Love Heather

Erin said...

Such a great idea! He looks adorable too. :)

Theo-Ann said...

Thanks, gals.:)

Abigail said...

This was PERFECT Theo! He'll got a lot of use out of it too! I love the pattern on it, it is just to cute! Can't wait to try out some of the recipes with him.