Saturday, August 22, 2009

Raspberry-Banana-Yogurt Pops

It was a scorching-hot day today, so Q and I enjoyed one of these yummy pops this afternoon. I made them for the first time last summer, but I used strawberries instead. You can also use blueberries if you want. Enjoy this healthy and delicious treat before summer is over.

I found this recipe in Southern Living Magazine, June 2008 edition.

Raspberry-Banana-Yogurt Pops

1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
1 banana
3 cups raspberries (fresh or frozen)
1/2 cup honey

Process the yogurt and banana in a blender for 30 seconds or until smooth. Bring the raspberries and honey to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat; reduce heat to low, and simmer 5 minutes. Pour mixture through a fine wire-mesh strainer into a bowl, using back of spoon to squeeze out juice and pulp. Discard skins and seeds. Cover and chill raspberry mixture for 30 minutes. Pour yogurt mixture evenly into 10 (2-oz) pop molds (I used Dixie cups). Top with raspberry mixture, and swirl, if desired. Top with lid of pop mold, and insert craft sticks, leaving 1 1/2 to 2 inches sticking out of pop. Freeze 6 hours or until sticks are solidly anchored and pops are completely frozen. Makes 10 pops.

2 comments:

The Watts Family said...

Wow I know I have said this before but WOW everything you make looks so good!!;D What a lucky hubby you have he gets to eat all that wonderful food!~Blessings Heather ;D

Theo-Ann said...

Thanks...I really enjoy baking and cooking, and it so much fun to do it for Q. When I was single, I used to bring things for the other teachers and sometimes my students, but now, I really enjoy seeing the delight in Q when he eats the things I cook.:)