Saturday, July 18, 2009

Not a single one!

Don't you just love spiders? Ummm--me neither! We get all sorts of them here in Colorado, including the black widow. Eww...

I've been meaning to share this tip with you for a while, but I also wanted to wait to see if it really worked. I believe I got this tip from Rachael Ray's Everyday Magazine that I borrowed from the library.

And the tip is this: to keep spiders from lurking on the top of your walls, rub lemon juice on them. Of course, this will also prevent cobwebs. (And who really wants to spend their time getting rid of cobwebs?) I used real lemon juice on my dining and living room walls a couple months ago, and I have not seen a single spider. I did not do this on the bedroom walls, and I have seen some there. Apparently, spiders hate lemon. And that's a good thing, because it is a very economical way to keep those pesky critters out.

Oh, and by the way, I took this spider picture before I tried this little experiment. 

Do you have any tips for keeping tiny pests away? 

3 comments:

Amanda @ Mommy's Idea Book said...

Thanks for the tip. I definitely need to try something. Spiders like to hang out in the top corners of our bathrooms.

By the way, I really like your blog redesign. :-)

Erin said...

Just pure lemon juice or do you dilute it? Rub it all over the wall or just in the corners? I live by the lake, so I get lots of spiders...yuck!

Theo-Ann said...

Glad you could use the tips, gals.:) Erin--I actually diluted mine a bit, then used a rag to wipe it all along the tops of the walls. The tip says to use lemon juice, but my diluted version worked well.