Monday, June 8, 2009

The puffy green tree

I absolutely love this wall decoration. I saw it each week this spring as I went to a Bible study held in another church.

I examined it closely to see how it was made. The trunk is just crinkled brown paper. The puffiness on the tree is made by stuffing two parts together with more paper, then stapling it together. The apples and the sun complete this neat project. And that's it!

At first I thought it would be fun to make something like this for VBS, but as I was working on this year's theme, it just didn't fit. So, I stuck to doing another mural this year, which I'll show you later on.

Wouldn't this tree look awesome for any kid's classroom, Sunday School room--or perhaps your child's playroom or bedroom? I'm sure the possibilities are endless in creating something colorful and 3D!

No comments: