Monday, June 8, 2009

It's time for VBS!

We are having Vacation Bible School at our church this week. I thought it would be fun to devote most of this week to sharing pictures and ideas from last year and this year's preschool VBS.

Our preschool program last year was called, "Cactus Caravan." Every Bible lesson focused on how Jesus lived in the desert. The crafts, games and science experiment time had a lot of the same focus--the desert!

Here's the mural I made for the week. I used paint and chalk to create the cactus, sun and desert sand. On the first day, I had the kids color in a desert animal to put on the mural. Fruit snacks were attached on the cactus on one of the days as a surprise!

After the kids signed in, they walked into the room and could go to a center and do an activity. These young ladies are at the coloring table.

Play-doh was a big hit that week! Cookie cutters were available for them to use for this activity.

One of our teens, Nikki, did a science experiment with the kids. They loved getting involved with this.

Mrs. Richardson did the Bible story each day. We also sang songs, had a puppet time, and gave away prizes! This was my first year heading this up and I thoroughly enjoyed it. A couple months ago, Q asked me if I would do it again this year. As each day is completed, I'll be sharing more pictures. I hope that some of these things will give you ideas for VBS or other children's ministries.

No comments: