Thursday, June 4, 2009

Birthday cards for the other men in my life

Making birthday cards for the ladies in my family seem to come easy to me. But, with the men, I'm always fumbling around my stamps trying to find something that is adequate for them. I don't want to give them something that is too girly if you know what I mean. 

On a couple different occasions, Q has come home with a handful of stamps for me as a special surprise. This gift box stamp was one of them and I used it for the first time when I made cards for my father-in-law and brother-in-law this week. I used black ink for the image, then colored it in with a colored pencil. After cutting it out, I glued it onto black card stock and cut it out again. I made the black strips from the same paper and glued them on. The gift box image was glued on top of that. With a calligraphy pen, I wrote, "happy birthday!" Once I figured out the design, it was so quick to do. I will definitely have to make some more like this, so I don't have to try to figure out another card suitable for the other men in my life!

No comments: