Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mother's Day Cards

It's the day before Mother's Day and I'm hoping that the recipients of these cards have received them already. Since my Mom gets all my posts through e-mail, I wanted to wait to show you these cards and the gift I made for her (will be shown in my next post today!:). I'm sure you've all prepared your cards and gifts for the Moms in your life. I hope these give you ideas for other upcoming events, as the card designs are very adaptable for spring and summer.

I made this 3 x 3-inch card for my Mom and mother-in-law. Before placing the blue paper background on the card itself, I sponge-painted the front of the card with red ink. The lady bug is colored in with decorative chalk, and the writing was all done by hand.

These next three cards all use the same stamp that says, "Oh happy day" and is decorated with flowers in the background. Card number 1 uses red, turquoise blue, and brown. I used chalk in the stamped image to match the colors of the strip of scrap booking paper behind it. Inside each card, I used a calligraphy pen to write, "Happy Mother's Day." This card was made for my sister, Raquel.

Card number 2 uses green, light blue, yellow and tan as its main colors. This card was made for my sister, Sonia.

Card number 3 uses red, white and blue as its main colors. I made this card for my sister-in-law, Abigail.

Happy Mother's Day, Moms and sisters!:)

No comments: