Saturday, May 16, 2009

A Birthday greeting for my mother-in-law

My mother-in-law celebrated her birthday yesterday. To wish her a very happy birthday, I sent her this card from the both of us.

It was fun creating this card. I used a stamp to create the background. I colored the flowers in using chalk and colored pencils. The paper was cut with decorative scissors, then was glued on to the front of the card. I found some fake flowers in my stash of crafts, so I cut the stem off of this daffodil and glued it on. I wrote "happy birthday" using a black archival pen. It was so easy and fast that I'll be making more like this soon. 

With the busyness of the end of the school year, I haven't had a lot of time to craft. But with one week left and fewer responsibilities for me in these next few days, I'll be able to work on some projects. I'll be sharing graduation cards and a unique grad gift that I've done almost every year since I began teaching 12 years ago. 

Can't wait to share these things with ya! Happy crafting!:)

4 comments:

lizzykristine said...

That's beautiful! I wouldn't have guessed you stamped all the flowers -- thought it was scrapbook paper! :)

Anonymous said...

Excellent work Theo with the card, you sure know how to make them beautiful!!
Christina
p.s. thanks for helping me again with my blog:)

The Watts Family said...

Wow love the card! that is so cute. You should sell those on Etsy. Your Mother in Law is going to love that ~Blessings

Theo-Ann said...

Thanks, gals. Yes, I have thought of Etsy, so maybe it will be something I can do in the near future.