Thursday, January 22, 2009

A make-shift candle holder

Yesterday, my husband sent me an e-mail from work that said, "I need a candle for my office." Hmmm...how can I be creative when things are tight and I don't have a candle holder that fits the candles I already have? 

I began looking for things around the house that would work.  This little tin can was the best thing I could come up with.  I love old tins and I've got several of them that line up sitting on top of our kitchen cabinets.  I lined the bottom and sides with aluminum foil so that it would catch the wax drippings.  I tested it out first before I took it to my husband's office today.  It worked--and now he can smell the fragrant scent of tangerine for months to come, as I've got a few more candles like it.  When he's done using the tin, I can put it back up with the other ones in my kitchen. (Or I can find more candles and he can just keep using the old tin!)