Friday, March 18, 2011

Clickety clack...down the old reading track

Recently, I had some extra time on my hands, so I asked the librarians if they needed help with anything. They asked me if I would be willing to put up a new bulletin board. I was really excited to put something together, as it would help me get creative again.

I looked through my bulletin board file and found a cute train picture that I could copy. I made a transparency of it, traced it onto poster board, then colored it in with chalk. I was able to laminate it at the library.

The board is right above the kids' computers. I drew the track on several sheets of construction paper using chalk and laminated those as well.

Here's a close up of the colorful train and its conductor. One of the librarians came up with the idea to use some fiberfill for the smoke at the top.

Along the track are book covers that the librarians had on hand for other boards and projects. I thought everything came together well and I can't wait to do another one! :)

No comments: