Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup

Three years ago, I went into the ER with appendicitis. A few hours later, I was in surgery. I suffered from an infection after that, and it was such a hard thing to deal with. The Lord helped me through it in so many ways, including the people He sent to help me. There were a couple of ladies who just came over to stay with me (and they also helped with dishes, laundry, etc.). Then, there were some who volunteered to bring a meal (sometimes including dessert!;) for me and Q. It was such a blessing!

Yesterday, one of the ladies in our church had surgery. She was able to go home in the afternoon. Q asked people in our church if they would be willing to take a meal over to her and her husband this week. I had the first day, so I decided to make something that someone brought to me when I was recovering from surgery--chicken noodle soup. I bought some Goldfish crackers and made chocolate chip cookies to round out the meal.

I've made this recipe once before and it is delicious! After making this big batch, I kept some for us to have tonight. I have been sick these last few days, so it sure hit the spot. So whether your family is trying to get well from sickness, or you need a meal to take to someone in need, this is a great recipe to try. Enjoy!

Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup (source unknown)

2 cans condensed creamy chicken mushroom soup (10-3/4 ounce)
2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 package frozen mixed vegetables (9-10 ounce package)
1 teaspoon seasoned pepper or garlic-pepper seasoning
1-1/2 cups dried egg noodles

In a 3-1/2 to 4-quart slow cooker gradually stir 5 cups water into the soup. Stir or whisk until smooth. Stir in chicken, vegetables, and seasoned pepper. Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours. If using low-heat setting, turn to high heat setting. Stir in noodles. Cover and cook for 20 to 30 minutes more or until noodles are just tender. Makes 6 to 8 servings.

No comments: