Sunday, November 23, 2008

My very first doll outfit



Last year for Christmas, I decided to make gifts for our 8 nieces and nephews. It took a lot of time, but so well worth it.  I loved doing it, and they loved what we gave them.  In these next few posts, I'll be showcasing some of those gifts. It may give you ideas as you work on your Christmas list.  This American girl doll outfit was a bit challenging for me, a beginner sewer, but I think it turned out well at the end.  Simplicity produces several 18" doll patterns.  I was able to get some at Hobby Lobby when they had a 99 cent sale.  They usually run between 12 and 15 dollars, so I think I got a great deal on these!:)  This pattern is #3895.  There are other options to make other than what you see here.  You can make gauchos, capris, t-shirts and vest.  I love the flip-flops--they were made using craft foam, felt and ribbon.  And--no outfit is complete without a handbag, again made from felt and ribbon.  I gave this outfit to two of my nieces and they absolutely loved it.  Each set came in its own personalized wooden box (which I'll showcase at another time.)  This was a lot of fun to do and can't wait to make some more clothes for their dolls.

No comments: