Sunday, October 25, 2009

Mini thank-you cards

A snowy and cold afternoon kept me inside today, so I chose to make some cards. With the need for more thank you cards, that's what I decided to do. I used white 3x3 cards, scrap booking paper, buttons, a new stamp, and watercolors to create two similar styles of cards. 

Using a paintbrush, I painted the watercolors right onto the stamp, then stamped it onto white paper. I did several of each the purple and green colors trying to get a few good images. Some came out blotchy, while others came out faint. The trick to not getting it blotchy is to wipe the stamp clean after each time. I didn't mind at all if it wasn't "perfect," as I love this type of look with painted images. Painting was the longest process in making eight cards, but it was okay, as it was a very relaxing project for me to do today.

I like making my cards in multiples when I can, because then you can have an assembly line of sorts, and do one step at a time on each card. I sometimes struggle with what I want to do, so once I figure it out, it's good to make several of the same kind.

What about you--do you have any quick and easy tips to making home made cards? I would love to hear your ideas!

No comments: